Workshop One - Learning how to affect change in
This workshop aims to explore:
1. methods for studying the causal pathways that different
social structures afford;
2. how far one can intervene in social settings without altering
their basic structures.
This will take place on Tuesday 31 October 2017, 1-6pm at the
Institute of Advanced Study.
Workshop Two - Two approaches to mapping social
structure? (Systems theory; Ecology)
This workshop aims to:
1. to compare these two approaches in order to see how they
2. to explore how their concepts and techniques can be put to
use to understand the interactive relations at multiple policy
levels that affect policy outcomes in different contexts;
3. to begin to develop better methods for understanding
This workshop will also take place at the Institute of Advanced
Study on Tuesday 15 May 2018, 1-6pm.
For further information about these workshops please contact
Professor Nancy Cartwrightnancy.firstname.lastname@example.org
30 | 31